Sunday 11 November 2012

The Comedy (2012) Online Movie Free

The Comedy (2012)
The Comedy (2012)Movie Online
Production Details :
In Theaters : November 9, 2012
Genres : Drama
Run Time : 1 hour 36 minutes
Distributors : Tribeca Films
Director: Rick Alverson
Writers: Robert Donne, Rick Alverson AND Colm O'Leary (Writer | Actor)

Stars: Tim Heidecker, Eric Wareheim, James Murphy...
Storyline :
Indifferent to the notion of inheriting his father's estate, a Williamsburg guy passes the time with his friends, playing games of mock sincerity and irreverence. 

User Reviews :
Perhaps after Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie left me in shock and dismay and The Comedy left me with an unmoved, lukewarm feeling, I must accept that the humor and stylistic intentions of anti-humor comedians Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim is just not for me. But I simply can't do that. I want to like their humor and their avant-garde style because I believe their aptitude for deadpanning humor and their incredibly sophisticated productions prove that their talent for filmmaking in a variety of fields is deep inside them. Rarely do I watch a film that I'm not fond of, yet still think, "there's something here, and while I'm unable to completely enjoy it, it's too blunt for me to ignore." Re-reading my review of Billion Dollar Movie, a film I awarded a mere one star to back in March, while recognizing that Tim and Eric's Adult Swim program, Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, has most likely garnered a dedicated cult following because of its "inane dialog and anti-humor setup," I neglected to say that I still believe there is something reminiscent of talent in that film. I see more of it in The Comedy, the latest from the two men who, from what I assume, will try and dab into the film industry after concluding their popular program.

We are greeted with Swanson (Tim Heidecker), a roughly middle-aged man, disillusioned and unhappy about everything in life for reasons I, and perhaps he, can not even explain. He wallows in not a puddle or a sea, but an ocean of self-loathing, as he continues to waste time with his friends, mainly aging hipsters (one of whom, played by Eric Wareheim

No comments:

Post a Comment